- This event has passed.
ArtRide: BLUE Rapid Transit Line
September 3 @ 18:30 - 21:30
This tour will start at Seel Station Park & Ride, near Furrows in the Land (The Wheel).
The public artworks created for the BLUE Rapid Transit Line tell stories and evoke ideas around ecology and natural history, historic north-south trails, civic planning, and Indigenous land experiences and histories. Following the river, the people, and their interactions in this area over time, the artists weave and connect the meanings of routes in the Red River region and the neighbourhoods of Fort Garry. Artworks we will visit include:
- Rooster Town Kettle & Fetching Water by Ian August
- テンサイ (TENSAI) by Kelty McKinnon and Cindy Mochizuki
- (Un)Still Life with Spoked Wheels by Warren Carther
- Métis Land Use by Tiffany Shaw-Collinge
- Salt Fat Sugar & Your Water is Safe by Bill Burns
- ROW ROW ROW by Public City Architecture and Urban Ink
- Furrows on the Land (The Field) / Furrows in the Land (The Wheel) by Jeanette Johns
- OUTCROPPINGS by Jyhling Lee, Figureground Studio
Tour participants are responsible to provide a bike and helmet. Ask us for bike rental recommendations!
Tours will run as scheduled rain or shine but will be cancelled in the event of a thunderstorm.
Remember to pack plenty of water and sunscreen. No facilities are accessible during this ride.
Register on Eventbrite here.
See more information and rides: Winnipeg Arts Council
Hosting a cycling related event in Winnipeg? If it fits within our event list posting guidelines, we’d be happy to post it for you. Please email us at email@example.com.