You are invited to attend a meeting to discuss the Corydon-Osborne Area Plan. This is the second public meeting in this phase of the project. The objective of the meeting is to ensure that the draft plan reflects the input of stakeholders.
A presentation will begin at 6:00 p.m. on the planning process and specific plan elements, followed by an opportunity for the public to provide input on the plan’s design components. The meeting will be conducted by peter j. smith, inc., an urban planning and design firm that has been retained to coordinate completion of the plan. The intended outcome is a Corydon-Osborne Area Plan that is consistent with the city’s landmark planning studies, OurWinnipeg and Complete Communities, and that supports the neighbourhood’s vision of its future.
The meeting is open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend. There will be refreshments on hand and activities for kids. For more information on the project, please visit: www.winnipeg.ca/PPD/Corydon
Please contact Kurtis at 204-986-5917 by Monday, February 24th if you require any accommodation in order to participate (American Sign Language, alternative formats, etc.)
Bike Winnipeg has put together a number of suggestions to help make the neighbourhood more bicycle friendly. Please come out to this open house and let the consultants know that:
- you value the traffic calming on Nassau, and that the resulting reduced traffic levels encourage cycling;
- reducing residential speed limits to 30km/hr would encourage more people to cycle;
- turn McMillan into a neighbourhood greenway to aid east/west bicycle traffic north of Corydon (similar to Warsaw on the south side of Corydon);
- add planters to the traffic calming features on Warsaw and Nassau to improve aesthetics;
- add cycle tracks to Osborne and expedite the rehabilitation of the Osborne Underpass
- view a more complete listing of our recommendations here.