Save Our Seine (SOS), OURS-Winnipeg (Outdoors Urban Recreational Spaces-Winnipeg) and other members of RPARC (Riel Parks and Rivers Commons) are organizing a Public Forum on May 22nd to discuss the development of a New Community in St.Boniface: Precinct K. The Precinct Plan (formerly Area Structure Plan) for over 600 acres of urban agricultural land is expected to be put before the Riel Community Committee during the month of June, 2014.
In anticipation of this happening, a Public Forum will take place
Thursday May 22
St. Mary’s Rd. United Church
613 St. Mary’s Rd. (St. Mary’s and St. Anne’s Rd.)
Some of the topics/concerns that will be addressed that evening are:
1. More public consultation is required regarding the impact of the development of Precinct K.
2. An ecological survey of the area needs to be done before development begins.
3. There needs to be clearer park planning guidelines to address the opportunity of a linear park along the Seine River Greenway
4. Options for Seine River green space need to be examined as a buffer area needs to be established to protect the fragile ecosystems adjacent to the Seine River.
5. Land dedication policies need to revised/clarified
For more information, please visit RPARC,
Bike Winnipeg’s Submission Regarding Precinct K
Hosting a cycling related event in Winnipeg? If it fits within our event list posting guidelines, we’d be happy to post it for you. Please email us at email@example.com.