- This event has passed.
Transportation Conversations with the Chair
May 19, 2016 @ 12:00 - 13:00
Starting in January, 2016, Councillor Janice Lukes, chair of the City of Winnipeg’s Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works will be hosting a series of six ‘Transportation Conversations with the Chair’ at 12 noon on the third Thursday of each month! From January to June, these casual conversations over the lunch hour will focus on relevant transportation themes and topics.
She’s invited Councillors Sharma, Dobson and Gilroy (members of SPC IRPW) to attend if their schedules allow. They will pull together a couple of tables at The Forks (Tower Atrium), and welcome anyone who is interested in talking transportation. Perhaps these informal discussions may even lead to some larger discussion events!
LOCATION: The Forks, Tower Atrium (new location)
TIME: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m (BYOL – Buy/Bring Your Own Lunch!)
DATE: 3rd Thursday of the month
- January 21 – Winter Maintenance of Active Transportation Infrastructure
- February 18 – Transit and Rapid Transit
- March 17 – Road Projects in 2016 Budget
- April 21 – Active Transportation Infrastructure in 2016 Budget
- May 19 – Pedestrian and Cycling Strategies Moving Forward
- June 16 – City of Winnipeg Transportation Master Plan 5-Year Update
See Councillor Lukes’ web page for more details.
Hosting a cycling related event in Winnipeg? If it fits within our event list posting guidelines, we’d be happy to post it for you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.