Lunchtime Monday May 27th
MPI Theatre downtown in City Place (2nd floor, east side, door north of elevators).
12:00 noon – 1:00pm
Evening Thursday May 30th
Winnipeg Free Press Cafe in The Exchange. Arthur @ McDermot.
Doors at 6:00pm.
6:30pm – 8ish.
Both events feature:
- a short film about experiencing and exploring a landscape full of people and bikes and snow.
- “Oulu and the top winter cycling cities of the world”: a short presentation by Timo Perälä remote from Oulu, Finland. Mr. Perälä is the CEO of Navico ltd., a small consulting firm specializing in mobility management. He holds a masters degree in civil engineering (construction economics) and has completed several studies and projects related to winter cycling and winter maintenance throughout Finland. Timo directed the 2013 international winter cycling congress – the only event of its kind bringing together experts in the field from around the world – and goes regularly by bike year-round himself (no lycra, just a cruiser).
- Refreshments provided.
Thursday Evening Only
- Panel discussion: A big-ideas panel featuring Paul Jordan, COO of the Forks, Councillor Justin Swandel, design whiz Andrea Tetrault and speaker Timo Perälä. Moderated by Bartley Kives.
- Exciting event announcements.
- Hors d’oeuvres provided. Alcohol available.
Seating is limited. RSVPs appreciated but not required.