By the end of the day, 55 wonderful Winnipeggers have contributed $100 for the campaign for better bike infrastructure.
- We will make sure these donations have maximum impact on making Winnipeg’s transportation plans more bike friendly.
- Next year, we will apply for Charitable Status with Revenue Canada, so donations can be tax deductible.
Giving Tuesday is about donating to things that matter, after the spending sprees of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Target: 100+ Winnipeg cyclists giving $100 for safer cycling will send strong a message on Giving Tuesday.
- The City’s 2015 pedestrian/cycling plan has been underfunded by more than $60 million.
- Winnipeg must achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050
- Emissions from transportation account for over half of Winnipeg’s GHG emissions
- The City is developing a Transportation Master Plan to guide road infrastructure investments to 2050.
Contribute $100 to help convince Winnipeg to plan NOW to making travel by bicycle safe, convenient and enjoyable, so that more people leave their automobiles at home more often.
Bike Winnipeg will use resources from this campaign to collaborate with CAA on a city-wide survey on climate and transportation, buy strategic advertising, and other projects to educate City leaders on the benefits of redirecting resources to encourage travel by bicycle
Alternatively, $100 will buy ¾ of a tank of gas for a Ford F150 (+170 kg CO2)….
Please share this message with your friends today.
Double your impact: HTFC Planning and Design will match 10 x $100 donations.